Digital India Programme and Impact of Digitalisation on Indian Economy
Objectives: To introduce the Digital India Campaign and Indian Economy. To know about the pillars for the implementation of the programme. To study the impact of digitalisation on various sectors of Indian economy. To find out about the challenges faced in the implementation of the Programme.
Methodology: The methodology used in this research work is secondary data analysis. This paper covers Digital India Programme and the Impact of digitalisation on Indian Economy, which has PAN India coverage. Only secondary data from some authentic government sources and research papers of eminent researchers are used.
Findings: A digitally knowledgeable and empowered population can transform the whole economy. The automation of the economic sectors will lead to better performance and growth of the sectors, which in turn impact the growth rate of the economy.Digitalisation will will lead to cost savings, increased output, better employment, enhanced productivity & literacy, etc. In the agricultural sector and in Industrial sector, digitalisation will help in betterment of all the processes, be it, purchasing, selling, inventory control, trade relations, employment, product innovation & development, etc. Automation of Service Sector will help in growth of the sector by increasing the ease in access to and rendering of the services. Wider customer reach and customization of services according to customer’s requirements also boost the demand for services. A digitally empowered economy develops much faster, effectively and efficiently due to better utilisation of its capital as well as human resources. And India being a country with such huge manpower resources, if utilised properly, can achieve unprecedented growth rate and put the country in top position along with the developed economies.
Improvements: The Digital India Programme has just started off fresh, and therefore not much data is available regarding the impact of the programme itself. Further improvements can be affected by keeping in view the impact of the programme on the economy.
- Economy of India. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_India. Date accessed: 20/03/2017.
- Digital India. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_India. Date Accessed: 01/03/2017.
- About Digital India. http://digitalindia.gov.in/content/about-programme. Date Accessed: 02/03/2017.
- Vision of Digital India. http://www.digitalindia.gov.in/content/vision-and-vision-areas. Date Accessed: 02/03/2017.
- How Digital India will be realized: Pillars of Digital India. http://188.8.131.52/content/programme-pillars. Date Accessed: 03/03/2017.
- Annual Report. Reserve bank of India. https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/AnnualReportPublications.aspx?Id=1120. Date Accessed: 25/03/2017
- Sector-wise contribution of GDP of India. http://statisticstimes.com/economy/sectorwise-gdp-contribution-of-india.php. Date Accessed 25/03/2017. Date accessed: 27/03/2017.
- Surabhi Mittal, Sanjay Gandhi, Gaurav Tripathi. Socio economic impact of Mobile Phones on Indian Agriculture. Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations. 2010.
- Annual Report. Reserve bank of India.https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/AnnualReportPublications.aspx?Id=1039. Date accessed 25/03/2017.
- Agriculture Sector Report. August 2013. https://www.slideshare.net/IBEFIndia/agriculture-august-2013. Date accessed 31/3/2017.
- Press Information Bureau. Government of India. Ministry of Agriculture. http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=145074. Date Accessed 7/04/2017
- A List of Government’s Online Initiatives That Can Benefit You. http://www.thebetterindia.com/70771/e-governance-digital-india/. Date Accessed 11/04/2017.
- How our kisans bested drought to give 252.2 mt. https://makanaka.wordpress.com/tag/rice/. Date Accessed 17/04/2017.
- Annual Report. Reserve bank of India. https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/AnnualReportPublications.aspx?Id=1148. Date accessed 25/03/2017.
- Digitalization Matters Also in the Construction and Real Estate Industry. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/digitalization-matters-also-construction-real-estate-kankaanp%C3%A4%C3%A4. Date Accessed 15/04/2017
- Digitisation in Industrial sector in India to grow to 65% in next five years. http://www.pwc.in/press-releases/2016/digitisation-in-industrial-sector-in-india-to-grow-to-65-percent-in-next-five-years.html. Date Accessed 04/04/2017.
- The Varying Effects of Digitization on Economic Growth and Job Creation – A Global Perspective. http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/me/home/press_media/management_consulting_press_releases/details/52364755. Date accessed 12/04/2017
- Payel Chaudhuri, Abhishek Kumar, Role of Digitization and E-Commerce in Indian Economic Growth: An Employment Generation Perspective. Research Gate. December, 2015.
- IT and ITeS Industry in India. https://www.ibef.org/industry/information-technology-india.aspx. Date accessed 12/04/2017.
- Belgian Retail Stores under Pressure. http://transport.sia-partners.com/belgian-retail-stores-under-pressure. Date accessed 15/04/2017
- Indian Tourism and Hospitality Industry analysis. https://www.ibef.org/industry/indian-tourism-and-hospitality-industry-analysis-presentation. Date accessed 15/04/2017.
- Pathik, 9 challenges in implementing Digital India. http://www.icytales.com/7-challenges-implementing-digital-india/. Date Accessed 05/03/2017
- Osama Manzar. Digital India: challenges and opportunities. http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/db7YgCwzQh8hJU5PVL8p3O/Digital-India-Challenges-and-opportunities.html. Date Accessed 05/03/2017.
- Saima Khan, Shaziz Khan, Mohsina Aftab. Digitization and its Impact on Economy. International Journal of Digital Library Services. June, 2015; 5(2), 138-149.
- Anirudh Sharma, Vaibhav Agarwal. Digital India: Impact on Indian Economy. Ecoworld. 2015.
- National e-governance plan. http://meity.gov.in/content/national-e-governance-plan. Date Accessed: 07/03/2017.
- There are currently no refbacks.